Tuesday 7 June 2011

"A Modern Day Persuasion"- A novel by Kaitlin Saunders

                                                                                                  Nearly eight years ago, Anne’s family, specifically her father, convinced her that she was too young to wed and insinuated that her fiancé Rick was solely interested in her wealth and status. Against her better judgment, Anne agreed to postpone the marriage, only to watch the love of her life walk away, never to be heard from again. Since then, time has not been kind, and with the family fortune now gone and Anne unable to move on with her life romantically, she struggles to make a name for herself as a greeting card designer. However, a series of serendipitous events causes Rick to re-enter her life, and at the same time a new beau seeks to claim her affections. The question that needs answering, however, remains the same: Can Anne recover from her previous rejection and love again?
As many of my readers are already aware, I simply adore Jane Austen, so when I heard about this new adaptation of a Jane Austen classic, I almost cried for joy. The novel is titled A Modern Day Persuasion and brings Austen's moving love story Persuasion to the 21st Century.  

I am excited to let you all know I have ordered this book *yay* so I will be posting up a review as soon as I recieve and read it. However in the meantime if you would like to know more about novel I encourage you to check out Kaitlin's lovely website http://kaitlin-saunders.com/ where you can find information about Kaitlin, the book, and even see what other readers have to say about it.

Much love,

Mel (Tristans_Isolde) xx

ps. Isn't the front cover design simply gorgeous!

1 comment:

Kaitlin Saunders said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful write up, Mel! Looking forward to reading your review next. Hope you enjoy my novel. :)

Sincerely,
Kaitlin Saunders