Sunday 17 June 2012

Exams are over!

I have finally finished up uni for this semester. Exams are all done and dusted and I am settling in for a nice long break and where I can finally get back to doing some of the things that due to course work and study had to be shelved for the time being.

The day after my exam I snatched the chance to watch this
2006 adaptation of Jane Eyre with my Mum.
(Minus a few scenes) I really enjoyed it. 


As I sit here typing this post I am wondering whether I should have simply posted one of the many reviews sitting patiently in my drafts to celebrate this glorious extra time on my hands. I guess sometimes it seems much easier to write an informative and rather impersonal piece than something like this.
But nevermind, I am just so excited to finally have some free time, I have a mountain load of blogging to do, a large stack of books on the floor just waiting to be read (I even had to buy another bookshelf a few days ago to prevent tripping over them and breaking my neck!), ohhh and I may finally be able to fit in some painting (I love painting, and drawing. I don't think I've ever spoken about that here).




Well I must run, my brother is coming down today for a visit and I haven't so much as brushed my hair :)

Love Mel <3

ps. I made some rather Robin Hood-ish purchases since I last posted. I'll be sure to take some pictures in the next few days to share with you :)
pps. Harry Lloyd (It felt weird coming back and not even mentioning him in the post, so there, my heart is now satisfied)

3 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Ah! I love that feeling when finals are all done. It feels like such a heavy load lifted off! Can't wait to see what you have in store for future posts! :-)

Jujube said...

Glad to hear that you have finished your exams! It must feel like such a relief to be over with them. I'm very excited to see the upcoming posts.

PS. Your PPS was a charmer! It had me laughing!

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Yay! *skips around* Mel is back, Mel is back!!!
Okay, now that my little happy dance is over I can say with much more decorum "It is most delightful to have you among us once more Miss Melissa." Okay, maybe that was too formal! :)
Anyway, I'm very glad that your exams are over and that you'll be back to the blogging world!

Your stack of books sounds like me! But then I had to get rid of my bookcases before our move and now that I'm unpacking boxes in the new house I only have one tiny bookcase that's not good for much but my most important books (aka my Jane Austen collection!).

Can't wait to see new reviews and interesting posts and hear about your "Robin Hood-ish purchases"!
I didn't know you enjoy drawing and painting, how wonderful! Might you be persuaded to post a drawing or two?

This post was very lovely because it was uniquely you! I'm so glad you wrote this post instead of a more impersonal piece. And I adore your PPS it made me giggle immensely! :)