Sunday 13 March 2011

My First Post

The title of this blog page, is part of a quote- my favourite quote from Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey.

"But when a young lady is to be a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to throw a hero in her way."
For my first post, I thought I would share a little bit about myself and the kind of posts you will see/read if you follow me. I love to read, especially the old classics like Austen, Gaskell, Hardy, Dickens, Elliot and the Brontes. So I plan to write a lot on my thoughts, opinions and just simply discuss the things I read. I also watch a lot of period and classic movies and as I watch or re-watch titles I will be posting about them too. I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts on the topics I blog about so please don't hesitate to comment and give an opinion or recomendation :)

God Bless

Tristans_Isolde xx

    

2 comments:

Miss Laurie said...

Mel,
Thanks so much for following my blogs and commenting! Your comments were so encouraging to me! I found this blog through The Abduction Club blog and am really enjoying reading your posts!
Northanger Abbey is my favorite Jane Austen novel and this is one of my favorite quotes too! I'll be checking back often!

God Bless your blogging efforts!
~Miss Laurie
Old-Fashioned Charm

Mel said...

Miss Laurie,

Thank you so much for following me, I feel the same about your blogs too especially Old Fashion Charm, it is seriously the prettiest blog I have seen! Northanger Abbey is also my favourite Jane Austen book. I love Mr Tilney! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, you are so kind.

God bless
Mel :)