Sunday 10 April 2011

My Love; Oliver Ackland

Image credit: www.zimbio.com
I first fell in love with Oliver Ackland when I was about 13 (and if you are a follower of my blog you will notice I fall in love a lot), I am now 21 years old and I still love him! So I thought it only fair to give him an entry in this series.

Oliver Ackland was born November 9, 1979 in Australia. I first saw him in a fantastic Australian children's program called Outriders where, along with side fellow Aussie Abbie Cornish (Bright Star), he played Vince, a troubled teenager who with help reformed himself. His performance was outstanding!
The second series that I saw him in was Pirate Islands, where he played "Mars" the leader of some castaway children in a computer generated game called Pirate Islands. I still get teased by my family to this day about "Mars" due to watching the show religiously when I saw it for the first time.
Since starring in Outriders and Pirate Islands, Oliver has had roles in various TV show, TV movies and short films. In 2009 he was rewarded for his hard work when he was named the inaugural recipient of the Australians in Film Heath Ledger Scholarship.
I would absolutley love to see Oliver in a period film, similar to those produced by the BBC. That would be a dream come true! I think he would be great playing roles similar to those played by Rufus Sewell: there is just something that reminds me of him- maybe the eyes.


Image credit: www.zimbio.com

Of course my other dream would be to meet but the chances of that are pretty small. Although I did once think I saw him at a shopping centre but it was most likely just someone who looked like him. But secretly I like to think it was him :)
I know as you are reading this post, this may well be the first time that you have heard of Oliver Ackland and most likely you are not thniking much of what I am blabbering on about but if you ever get the chance to see anything that he has been cast in I encourage you to check it out. I know there are episodes of Outriders on YouTube however I believe they are in another language (not English), I think perhaps it is German- and they don't have subtitles.

If you have seen anything with Oliver in it or you are just simply a fan I would love to hear what your thoughts are- just post a comment below

Thanks for your continued support of my blog.

Love,

Mel xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OLIVER IS MY LIFE ..

Mel said...

Anonymous,
I am so glad to hear that someone else loves Oliver too!

-Mel