Wednesday 4 May 2011

A little something from; Jane Austen/ Captain Wentworth

I love Jane Austen's Persuasion, and more specifically this passage...

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight and a half years ago. Dare not say that a man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant."


Don't you just fall in love with Captain Wentworth all over again when you read that!?

3 comments:

Miss Laurie said...

Captain Wentworth is definitely one of the most romantic heroes in literature. Right now he's about in third place in my favorite heroes, right after Henry Tilney and Mr. Knightley. :)
This is the best most romantic letter Jane Austen ever wrote in her novels! I love the story of Persuasion, it's so lovely!

Southern Belle said...

Sadly, no. I fell in love with him for the first time! Never having read the book or watchede thhe movie, I knoew nothing about him. But he sounds *wonderful* Btw, you blog is lovely!! :)

Mel said...

Southern Belle:
Thank you, I think your blog is gorgeous too :) Captain Wentworth is wonderful, If you ever get the chance I recommend either seeing the movie or reading the book.

Thank you for commenting :)