Saturday 30 July 2011

Downton Abbey: Fan art

So here in Australia we have caught the Downton bug a little slower than the rest of the world. And while most viewers are in anticipation of the second season, it has only been a mere two weeks since I watched first season finale.
But before I continue this post I must say that Downton Abbey is a TV series that I would only recommend to older audiences. There are a few...unnecessary scenes that are, I believe unsuitable, but otherwise it is a beautiful period drama piece which I am absolutely captivated with.

If you have been following my blog for a while you may have noticed that I enjoy making fan art pieces, a few of which I have shared with you. So I wanted to share with you my latest piece (and first Downton Abbey one). While many people are on team Sybil/Branson or team Anna/Bates (I do love them both too!), I find the couple I like the most is Matthew and Mary. With that in mind I just had to base the first fan art on them- although it is more from Mary's point of view.


I hope you are all having a lovely day!

Love as always,

Mel xx

3 comments:

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

How lovely! I enjoyed Downton Abbey as well but after trying to watch the first episode with my family I had to finish watching it on my own because of those horrid scenes! The characters are so interesting! I really like the Bates & Anna characters because of their frienship and maturity but I also really enjoy Matthew and Mary's story. This fan art is very nicely done! I love the photo of Mary to the right, it's so sweet!

~Miss Laurie :)

Anonymous said...

Hello!

That is a gorgeous piece of fanart. If it wasn't so sad, I might make it my wallpaper, but I don't want to look at sad Mary multiple times every day ;-)

Cheers,
birdie

Mel said...

Miss Laurie,
Thank you. Bates and Anna are such a cute couple I look forward to what will happen between them in season 2!

Birdienl,
Thank you so much. I am flattered that you would even consider using this as your wallpaper :)
But I agree it is perhaps too sad to look at everyday. I will have to try and make some more happier ones and post them up!

Mel