Wednesday 27 July 2011

Poll results: Heroes first-names

The poll for "Which Austen hero has the best first-name?" has finished! We had a total of 35 votes! 35, by memory I think that is the largest amount of votes I have on any poll...Ever :)

and the results are:
*in order of votes

1. Edmund- 10 votes (28%)

2. Fitzwilliam- 9 votes (25%)

3. Charles- 5 votes (14%)

4. George- 4 votes (11%) 

 *5. Christopher/ Frederick/ Henry - 2 votes (5%)

8. Edward - 1 vote (2%)


Congratulations Edmund!

I am particularly happy at the outcome of this poll, Edmund is quite possibly my favourite boy's name at the moment.  If you would like to know more about the name Edmund I encourage you to read this lovely post written by Miss Laurie- Name Enthusiast: Edmund

I did find the results a little strange in that Fitzwilliam came in so close (with 9 votes) but I think that is just because I don't particularly like the name.



Also I plan to do a series of these polls (concerning names of taken from Jane Austen's novels), the next one will be up within the next week which will be on the first names of the Heroines.


I hope you are all enjoying your day!

Love Mel xx

*Christopher, Frederick & Henry all tied for 5th place with 2 votes each (a total of 6 votes altogether)

4 comments:

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Yay! These results are wonderful!
And I think it's so funny that I've totally converted you on Edmund! I just adore that name!

"But there is nobleness in the name of Edmund. It is a name of heroism and renown; of kings, princes, and knights; and seems to breathe the spirit of chivalry and warm affections.” - Fanny Price, Mansfield Park

I'm really looking forward to the heroines post!

~Miss Laurie :)

Mel said...

I know! You really did convert me! I think your post would convert anyone, it was so well written...actually I am going to edit the post and add a link to that post, I hope you don't mind!

And I love that quote! It really sums up the name.

Mel

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Of course I don't mind you linking to my post! Thank you! Edmund is such a handsome name! :)

~Miss Laurie

Melody said...

I think I'd voted for Frederick...just because I think it's kind of interesting, and no one else had voted for it yet. Although I do like Edmund quite well!