Sunday 4 September 2011

A quick update and it's spring!

Goodness me I have been so slack on the posts lately, so I am going to give you all a quick update on what has been going on:

Firstly its Spring here in Australia! and although today isn't all that glorious the past 3 or 4 days have been beautiful- Even the flowers have begun to bloom. Also, I have just hit mid-semester so things at Uni are crazy to say the least but...something I neglected to tell you was that I was able to pick up a poetry subject this semester! For those of you who know I am studying science at university you will understand my joy and surprise at being allowed to do this subject. Last week I finished my first assignment for the class, which was to read a poem (from a given list) out to the class and discuss it. I am terrified of class presentations so I was extremely stressed, but my recitation of John Keats' "La Belle Dame Sans Merci" went without a hiccup- so to speak :)
Anyway that's enough about my life, I don't want to bore you to tears...

So in other news Miss Elizabeth over at Elegance of Fashion is hosting "Period Drama Week". This kicks off very shortly which is very exciting. I will be trying my hardest to post up my answers to the tag questions during this special week.
Also this week I hope to post some more about some upcoming films, some news about Harry Lloyd and also about The Liebster Award which I was awarded by several lovely people during the past week. 

And just I to leave you with something that makes me smile, I recently learnt the art of - How to make a GIF image, so here is my first attempt. (Elizabeth this one's for you!)


Much Love,

Mel

4 comments:

Abby said...

I share your terror of class presentations! Glad yours went well. I recently had to give a speech as part of my English Lit GCSE, and I was just SO nervous, especially since it was worth something very scary like 25%! Luckily, it went pretty much all to plan :')

Love the GIF, by the way!

~Abby

Elizabeth said...

I have always been afraid of going up in front of people and doing anything. I love poetry! My mom would read poetry aloud to us when I was little so I have always grown up with it. I hope you enjoy your class! It sounds like fun! I am so excited about Period Drama Week! I look forward to seeing your posts!

I like your GIF! :) I have never heard of them before they are very cool though! I am very flattered that you have made this for me!
~Elizabeth

Mel said...

Abby,
I am glad I am not the only one who is terrified of class presentations. Mine was only worth 5% so it wasn't too bad. I am glad yours went well too :)

Elizabeth,
I am so glad that you liked the GIF image. I thought perhaps you would enjoy it - being the Richard Armitage fan that you are :)

Mel

Melody said...

It was spring both the times I was in Australia...it was weird, because I got 3 seasons in one month. We left in August, which was summer, arrived there and it was spring, came back here in September and it was fall. Very odd. haha
But it was early spring & cold most the time...:-/
We did manage to go the ocean, where I found lots of shells (something I've never been able to at the coast nearest to us) and also where I pet a kangaroo... something to tell the friends back home, haha. ;-)