Sunday 4 August 2013

Where have I been?!

The joys of juggling university, a job and other commitments have pulled me momentarily from blogging but thankfully I have a few little morsels of good news to share with you!

Firstly my Mum is doing absolutely fantastic! Thank you again for all your prayers, the doctors are still baffled that she survived but we just praise God :)

Secondly I have just been approved to finish my uni course via correspondence which means regular posting here from now on! YAY!

I have also (after a lot of prayer) started another blog. This blog focuses on some issues that have been on my heart and that are very personal to me. I can tell you right now that it hasn't been an easy step but lately I feel as though I am being guided towards using my experiences to help assist and educate others. I apologise  if this this sounds like a shameless plug but I thought it was worth mentioning, in the event it was helpful to even one of my followers here. Without going into too much detail I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety when I was 17 so with this blog I am basically sharing my experiences (with a Christian perspective) in the hope that I may impart something worthwhile or helpful to someone who is struggling or someone who may know someone who is.

Breaking but Breathing
If you are interested in having a look, you can visit the site here:
breakingbutbreathing.blogspot.com



I have also been reading a lot more than I should! I took advantage of the 2-hour train rides to uni :) So look out for a truck-load of reviews soon. Notable mentions are Melanie Dickerson (if you haven't heard of her go now and check her and her novels out. You won't regret it), Shannon Dittermore and Karen Witemeyer (as always her newest novel does not disappoint).

Mel xx

ps. I have recently found a gem of a show called 'Horrible Histories' I cannot tell you how addicted I have become :P

2 comments:

Jujube said...

MEEEEELLLLLL! It's been forever, but I am immensely glad to see you here. I've been wondering what happened to the girl behind this blog, so it's a joy to see these updates -- particularly the one about your mum's recovery. No, actually everything here is wonderful.

And thank you for sharing your new blog with us and your desire to help others experiencing depression and anxiety (which, to be be honest, probably includes me).

Anyway, welcome back! I will definitely stick around for those reviews.

Mel said...

Jemimah! :) Thank you so much. I'm glad to be getting back to doing some rather 'normal' things.

Your comments about my new blog have been such a lovely gift. Thank you for being honest *bone crushing hug* I think you're amazing for being able to share that with me.

<3