Monday 18 April 2011

A little something from...Louisa May Alcott

"When morning came, for the first time in many months the fire was out, Jo's place was empty and the room was very still. But a bird sang blithely on a budding bough, close by, the snowdrops blossomed freshly at the window, and the spring sunshine streamed in like a benediction over the placid face upon the pillow--a face so full of painless peace that those who loved it best smiled though their tears, and thanked God that Beth was well at last"

Little Women was my favourite book as a little girl, and for some reason this was my favourite passage in the whole book- so I thought I would share it with you. I suppose many people would think that it is a strange quote and perhaps morbid-in a way but I always find much solace it in.

Have a wonderful day :)

Much Love,

Tristans_Isolde xx

No comments: