Tuesday 12 April 2011

My Latest Findings; The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)


I read The Count of Monte Cristo when I was younger and a few months ago my grandparents suggested I take a look at the film. I was reminded of this today when I came across the DVD so I decided to  picked it up but after a second thought I began to put it down until I saw the name Guy Pearce. Now as you all know I am Australian and I have a real soft spot for Aussie actors. Guy Pearce along with Oliver Ackland and Heath Ledger, is one of my favourite Aussie actors. So of course I bought the DVD on the spot and it is now sitting right beside me, waiting patiently to be watched :)

I am unsure whether or not I am going to like this film but after sneak peek at the rest cast (James Caviezel and the ever-so-handsome Henry Cavill) I think it looks quite promising.

I will be sure to post a review as soon as I have watched it :) If you have any thoughts or have watched this yourself, I would love to hear what you thought!

Much Love,
Tristans_Isolde xx

2 comments:

kaymck89 said...

I've seen this and rather liked it, though there are a few questionable scenes. But my dad had the remote, so I didn't have to worry. :) Over all it is worth it; I think you'll have fun watching it.
-Kayla

Mel said...

Hi Kayla,
Thank you for you comment! I did enjoy the film :) however like you there was a little bit of fastforwarding over particular scenes :)
The acting was brilliant and I thought the costumes were beautiful!

Thank you for checking out my blog,

Tristans_Isolde